Recycled Tags are Cool!

>> Thursday, March 4, 2010

I've been in a fog today, been waking up tired with my back aching although I see no reason for it to ache since I'm supposed to be sleeping on some kind of orthopedic mattress (or so they claim!).  Maybe its the jogging, I've been jogging lately and for the last 2 weeks have been doing 3 kilometer runs.  Today was especially hard because I kept feeling like my eyes were about to fall, even after 3 cups of coffee. 

I've also been so, so behind on my journal entries even if I have been trying to create something each day.  Although today I really could not help it and would putter around to my big table and sit for 10 minutes or so to dab some paint here and there.  I finally succumbed after dinner and sat down at my work table, keeping my son Enzo company while he was doing a school project.  I finally finished this "tag" project I had been working on sporadically for about 3 or 4 days now.

This project was inspired by a tutorial by Alisa Burke my newest mentor, even if she doesn't know it :) She had this idea to re-use those clothes tags and paint over them and use as gift tags.  What a cool idea.  Great thing I have this penchant for keeping tags I like (always thinking I may have a use for them later) Ha! You see, I just knew I'd need them (LOL!)

Except I created little miniature canvases out of them.

This is  where I started:

I still don't have gesso or gel mediums so I just brushed it with white acrylic paint 
and did some stenciling.
Next I just added some patterned paper I cut up from here and there.
Drew my images
Added some more paint and waited 2 more days till I could figure out where
I was going with this (hahaha!)
Could not resist just working on it today and just added more details, paint, collage...still something missing...
More details...That's better.
Pasted some scrapbook paper I had lying around at the back of the tag.
 
And here they are up close:


 
Miniature art, ready to hang on my wall, or maybe on my Christmas tree, my door, as a bookmark...I think I'll scan it and print it out on nice thick paper so I can give it away as bookmarks. 

Fun project.  Definitely!

3 comments:

Terri Kahrs March 5, 2010 at 6:47 AM  

These are awesome!!!! Who knew that such little tags could turn into such lovely pieces of art?!? Bravo! Hugs, Terri

gayle March 7, 2010 at 6:05 AM  

These are fantastic! I have plenty of these I always tell myself I'm going to do something with - I love yours!

Johwey Redington June 13, 2010 at 10:51 PM  

I love what you did with these tags. So inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting my blog and leaving your comments, it always excites me to open my mailbox and receive comments from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Picture

Picture

About This Blog

All about me, my musings, ramblings, fancies, quirks and dreams; the blessings in my life - the kids and their growing years; and my love for digital scrapbooking/design and graphic arts; and my eternal quest to keep learning something new each day and give back in my little way.

This blog used to be 3 blogs which I decided to merge together, my scrapping blog (Pandoras Box of Thought), the blog about my kids (Beyond the Four Walls) and my cooking/recipe blog (Cooking Mama) - all the old posts are still up but I've decided to just post everything in the future in one forum, with all the things I'm doing, I'd like to keep everything in one neat container :)


  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP