Art Journal Pages #5 & #6

>> Sunday, February 21, 2010

These pages have been long due...they were done inside an old 2008 planner.  Pages were glued together to make then sturdier, some collage and then painted the backgrounds. 

Look what my table looks like while doing them (LOL!)
 

A closer look:
 
This is to remind myself that, yes, I am okay. The words I highlighted are Miracles, forgiveness, free and peace. For miracles to happen in our life - we need to let go and to forgive..then we are free, and with that freedom comes peace.
 
Materials Used:
Tangie Vintage Lullabye Stamped Diecut (Chandelier), Tangie Steamer Trunk Collage Sheets, Fidlette's Collage Backgrounds, Goache Watercolors, Acrylics, Colored Pencils, Soft Pastels, Rotring Pen with white ink, MyGel Bronze pen.


 

Journaling: Hope is the thing with feathers - that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without the words, and never stops at all. --Emily Dickenson

Inside the pocket, I put in slips of paper with quotes that inspire me to keep hoping and believing in myself:

-Reach High, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.

-Butterfly? It's what you were meant to become. It flies with beautiful wings and joins the earth to heaven. It drinks only nectar from the flowers and carries the seeds of love from one flower to another--- from one of my favorite books Hope for the Flowers by Trina Paulus

Materials Used:
Acrylics, Watercolor, pages from an old thesaurus, while paint pen, colored pencils, stabilo fine point colored pen.

3 comments:

gayle February 21, 2010 at 6:16 AM  

I think she's beautiful :) I love the colour combinations you used on both pages

Rebecca Anthony June 21, 2010 at 6:47 PM  

I am loving these journal pages!

Kelly July 3, 2010 at 5:35 AM  

Beautiful journal pages!

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting my blog and leaving your comments, it always excites me to open my mailbox and receive comments from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Picture

Picture

About This Blog

All about me, my musings, ramblings, fancies, quirks and dreams; the blessings in my life - the kids and their growing years; and my love for digital scrapbooking/design and graphic arts; and my eternal quest to keep learning something new each day and give back in my little way.

This blog used to be 3 blogs which I decided to merge together, my scrapping blog (Pandoras Box of Thought), the blog about my kids (Beyond the Four Walls) and my cooking/recipe blog (Cooking Mama) - all the old posts are still up but I've decided to just post everything in the future in one forum, with all the things I'm doing, I'd like to keep everything in one neat container :)


  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP