Pattern Designs

>> Saturday, February 26, 2011

I finally figured out how to create a repeat pattern out of my illustrations, yeah, you might think me dumb for just figuring this out now but it was a real "aha" moment for me, thanks to the very, very clear tutorial I found over at one of my favorite blogs Design Sponge by illustrator/pattern designer Julia Rothman.  Here's a link to the tutorial if you'd like to learn how to do it too: How to make a repeat pattern.

So, the tutorial showed Julia actually showing us how to do it on paper.  From there, I figured out how to do it in photoshop using my hand drawn illustrations which I had previously scanned for a project I recently concluded.

Here are some of my experiments, you can find them in Spoonflower, a site that allows you to upload patterns you create and order them as actual fabric!

Doodley Doo in Blue


Doodley Doo in White


Silya


Grow Where You're Planted


Hello Octo Joe!


Go ahead, have fun and try creating one yourself!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting my blog and leaving your comments, it always excites me to open my mailbox and receive comments from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Picture

Picture

About This Blog

All about me, my musings, ramblings, fancies, quirks and dreams; the blessings in my life - the kids and their growing years; and my love for digital scrapbooking/design and graphic arts; and my eternal quest to keep learning something new each day and give back in my little way.

This blog used to be 3 blogs which I decided to merge together, my scrapping blog (Pandoras Box of Thought), the blog about my kids (Beyond the Four Walls) and my cooking/recipe blog (Cooking Mama) - all the old posts are still up but I've decided to just post everything in the future in one forum, with all the things I'm doing, I'd like to keep everything in one neat container :)


  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP