NEVER TOO LATE

>> Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Wooohoooo! I was allowed by the University I studied in to re-enroll. You see, I went back to check on which subjects I had left behind so I could finally...no make that FINALLY get my degree in Architecture. In the process of their evaluating my transcript, we found out they had issued an Honorable Dismissal because, after being away from school for 2 or so years, I had decided to go back to school and my mom agreed to help me but on the condition that I go to school in her University at her hometown. The papers were then all processed for the transfer and sent on their way to the new school which I never really attended.

The very helpful woman at the registrar told me I would not be accepted anymore because once given an Honorable Dismissal, you cannot go back. My heart plummeted and I was close to tears. I had so wanted to finally get this degree. So I had to talk to the Head Registrar and eventually was asked to write a letter of request to the Secretary General. I called their office yesterday with my heart racing, not knowing what to expect and was told that they had granted my request! Wooohoooo!!! (Imagine me jumping up and down with joy!!).

15 years later..I am finally going back to school to finish that degree. I have always believed it is never too late to do, be, or achieve anything. We choose our paths, and if the path we have chosen leads us astray we always can choose to lead ourselves out and onto another path. My mom used to be always proud of getting her license to practice pharmacy in the U.S. at a very late age, I believe she was in her late 40s at the time and she continued to work until her 60s until she could not anymore because her diabetes caused too many complications and she had finaly succumbed to it.

We are constantly evolving, constantly learning, constantly seeking. I hope to never loose that sense of wonder and to continually see humor in everything...love like a child, laugh unabandonedly, see beauty and hope in every thing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting my blog and leaving your comments, it always excites me to open my mailbox and receive comments from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Picture

Picture

About This Blog

All about me, my musings, ramblings, fancies, quirks and dreams; the blessings in my life - the kids and their growing years; and my love for digital scrapbooking/design and graphic arts; and my eternal quest to keep learning something new each day and give back in my little way.

This blog used to be 3 blogs which I decided to merge together, my scrapping blog (Pandoras Box of Thought), the blog about my kids (Beyond the Four Walls) and my cooking/recipe blog (Cooking Mama) - all the old posts are still up but I've decided to just post everything in the future in one forum, with all the things I'm doing, I'd like to keep everything in one neat container :)


  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP