A long post, some new layouts and a new kit freebie!

>> Tuesday, June 23, 2009



I've been so busy, last week I scrapped and finished a guest book photo album for my nephews birthday, finished another birthday album I promised my best friend ages ago (I know, I know, my bad!), in between that, created an add-on kit for Dood-elle's (Rachness Designs) kit that will be revealed soon, soon (!!! Im super excited!!!), went to two (2) job interviews (crossing my fingers on that one), and followed wonderful photoshop tuts to improve my skills...phew! Oh, I forgot to mention, making a mock website design for my uncle, finishing another birthday album for my niece and just tonight made the wedding invite envelope design for my cousin's wedding. Got my plates oh so full and brimming over.

I wish I had more time on my hands and that I did not need too much sleep so I could scrap and design more. Some people just go by without any sleep and they're still okay the next day, not me, oh no no no. If I sleep very late tonight, you can be assured I will need to sleep early the next day.

I've got some exciting news, this post comes with a new kit freebie! Yup, you heard right. I've been practicing and trying out new stuff, making a great, great effort to learn how to create and make kits. It truly helps to have some CU tools at hand, but you still have to manipulate and add this and that to make it look the way you want it (which does take time) - So I salute all of you out there who give away all those gorgeous freebies, I know it takes up so much time and effort to create the stuff you do. Thank you to the Scrapping Cop, Gunhild Storeide who make the CU stuff readily available for free, especially for beginner designers :) I also purchased CU items from Studio RA, Royanna has got a lot of CU tools. I'd love to start building my CU arsenal so I can create more stuff, although I equally love to purchase from so many very talented designers whose kits are so cute they are hard to resist! You'll see what I mean when I post some of the layouts I've created.

Before I give you my new kit, i'd like to show you a cute kit from Rachness Designs, "Splash!" this is part of her One Messy Summer series which she just put up for sale in 2 stores. The kit is so much fun, I could not resist buying it!



So cute huh? Go go ahead and head on over to her blog to get it, she's got lots of freebies and more coming!

Here some new 12x24 layouts created from fab kits! They are from the guest/photo album I created for my nephew, there are a lot of blank tags so that the party guests can write out messages of love for the child.


Kit used: Medieval by Studio Alana @ Scrapbookgraphics.com


Kit used: Funky Town by Studio Miss Vivi @ Scrapbookgraphics.com; some elements Inner Circle from Studio Berna @ scrapbokgraphics.com


Kit used: Flying Dreams by Studio Lorie @ Scrapbookgraphics.com


Kit used: Tea Party by Studio Alana @ Scrapbookgraphics.com; template by Simply Yin


Kit used: Ticket to Dragons End by Studio Lorie @ Scrapbookgraphics.com


Kit used: Pretty Music by Maelia Designs from the Round 4 SYTYCD


Kit used: Romantic Fantasy by She Devil @ Sunflower Scrap


Kit used: Background Paper - Dream Solids, Brights by Christina Renee, Elements: Foto Frames by Cottage Arts; Crumpled Paper borders by Studio Birgit Kerr @ Scrapbookgraphics.com


Kit used: Beyond the Sea by Damayanti Studio @ Sunflower Scrap


Kit used: The Boy is a Boy by Studio Lily Designs @ Scrapbookgraphics.com


Kit used: Dreamland by Studio Alana @ Scrapbookgraphics.com

Scrapping is so much fun!!!! Don't you all agree?

Here's a preview again of my new kit "ECLECTIC WORLD" plus a sheet preview, this was born out of my experimenting with different things, that's why I call it eclectic because its sort of a hodge podge of different stuff I tried to do, hahaha, and you know what? It just grew and grew and sort of came together (don't you think?). This kit has a total of 12 sheets and over 40 elements and can be used for all occasions. It's actually a very fun kit.





BUT THATS NOT ALL! I have a matching set of ALPHAs to give away for free on my next post....so please do come back to get them, they're mighty cute, I must say :)



AND..if you send me your layouts to sassyindy@gmail.com (so I can post them here and because I really want to see what you talented people can create out of my kit), I will send you a link to receive the notebook paper alpha which I used as a base to create the colorful version.



Ooops...here are the links: (I broke them down into several folders in consideration of those who have really slow internet connections).
http://www.mediafire.com/?oim3zoyfvdd
http://www.mediafire.com/?ygnlmtc53jk
http://www.mediafire.com/?nnkzqmntrbz
http://www.mediafire.com/?yynjgoqz3zk
http://www.mediafire.com/?oefwknkyqmz

Enjoy!

5 comments:

nine June 26, 2009 at 4:31 AM  

OH mang! This kit is awesome! TY so much!

Anonymous,  June 27, 2009 at 4:14 AM  

this is just gorgeous and wonderful design style , plus I like very much the way you write your little stories ,,,thanks for all this :-)

Indy June 27, 2009 at 7:15 AM  

Your all very welcome! :)

Anonymous,  June 28, 2009 at 1:21 AM  

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Alpha(s),Font(s), Word Art(s) post on Jun. 27, 2009. Thanks again.

Susan January 2, 2010 at 7:52 PM  

Came over from SBG's ArtJournalCaravan. Thank you for sharing your talents and thank you even more for sharing your faith.

bless you sis,

Susan aka suslyn

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting my blog and leaving your comments, it always excites me to open my mailbox and receive comments from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Picture

Picture

About This Blog

All about me, my musings, ramblings, fancies, quirks and dreams; the blessings in my life - the kids and their growing years; and my love for digital scrapbooking/design and graphic arts; and my eternal quest to keep learning something new each day and give back in my little way.

This blog used to be 3 blogs which I decided to merge together, my scrapping blog (Pandoras Box of Thought), the blog about my kids (Beyond the Four Walls) and my cooking/recipe blog (Cooking Mama) - all the old posts are still up but I've decided to just post everything in the future in one forum, with all the things I'm doing, I'd like to keep everything in one neat container :)


  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP