Many Thanks and an Update on Relief Drive

>> Friday, July 18, 2008



Last Saturday morning after the boys had their haircuts (finally!), we packed the car with the boxes of relief goods, squeezed in the kids and motored over to Vivs house in Makati to sort and repack all the donations. Our couple friend Mike and Rina, both Ilonggos came over to help. Boxes were sorted into mens and women's clothing, children's clothes, school clothes, shoes and miscellaneous. We were able to fill up 7 "balikbayan boxes" with assorted items. Not a whole lot, but not bad either.





We are happy to report that the quality of items given away exceeded our expectations and we felt very pleased that people did not just give away their very old tattered unwearable stuff but gave up items that looked almost brand new and some that had a lot of wear in them still. I was also pleased to find out that a friend whom I texted sent a whole balikbayan box of clothes, towels, bags! Wow everyone, your efforts at going trough your closets, asking from friends, driving to my home just to drop off goods, putting up donation signs in your store, all those efforts are so greatly appreciated by us and will be greatly appreciated by the recipients.



Sorting and packing ended before dinner and as usual, when this group gets together we find ourselves having so many laughs! Mike has so many funny and amusing anecdotes about his kids (he and Rina have been blessed with 3 girls!), we are always in stitches laughing. Its always good to know how other kids behave in their own homes, helps us all feel we are not the only ones having the same experiences, whether frustrating, exasperating, happy and heart-warming.

May God Bless You and Your Family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting my blog and leaving your comments, it always excites me to open my mailbox and receive comments from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Picture

Picture

About This Blog

All about me, my musings, ramblings, fancies, quirks and dreams; the blessings in my life - the kids and their growing years; and my love for digital scrapbooking/design and graphic arts; and my eternal quest to keep learning something new each day and give back in my little way.

This blog used to be 3 blogs which I decided to merge together, my scrapping blog (Pandoras Box of Thought), the blog about my kids (Beyond the Four Walls) and my cooking/recipe blog (Cooking Mama) - all the old posts are still up but I've decided to just post everything in the future in one forum, with all the things I'm doing, I'd like to keep everything in one neat container :)


  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP