Artist's Block

>> Thursday, August 14, 2008

I haven't been able to post any freebies or new stuff I'm creating, they have been sitting on my desktop for the past few weeks. What does one call it? Artist's block? I have this idea and concept in my mind that I'm trying to work on but I'm having a hard time executing it and it frustrates me no end. So it just sits inside my file waiting for my muse to come. I've scrapped quite a few pages and practiced with a photo or so but certain stuff just leaves me with a blank at the moment.

And in the meantime, I have been trying to organize my brushes directory and font directory. I've been having a difficult time choosing the fonts and brushes from the drag down menu. I have so many already that it is so time consuming trying to look for it so I thought to myself why not print out samples of all the fonts and brushes I have and make a catalogue out of it. So that is what I've been trying to do when I have time and don't feel too tired in the evenings. So far I have completed most of the fonts and printed them all out and bound them together, I just need to add some new fonts I downloaded. My brushes printout still has a long way to go, and to think I've printed out more than 100 pages already! But I'm really pleased because now, I can just go though the catalogue and it will be easier for me to visualize, not to mention easier to find.

The other day I came across this cool tutorial of how to give your picture a retro cartoon book effect. Although my mac already has a comic book feature and I've got lots of photoshop actions to do it, I loved the way this one was particularly made - enough to try to learn how to do it from scratch. I'm glad I did, because I learned a few things I did not know could be done!

Here is the photo I converted:


Till next time. Now off to find my muse.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting my blog and leaving your comments, it always excites me to open my mailbox and receive comments from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Picture

Picture

About This Blog

All about me, my musings, ramblings, fancies, quirks and dreams; the blessings in my life - the kids and their growing years; and my love for digital scrapbooking/design and graphic arts; and my eternal quest to keep learning something new each day and give back in my little way.

This blog used to be 3 blogs which I decided to merge together, my scrapping blog (Pandoras Box of Thought), the blog about my kids (Beyond the Four Walls) and my cooking/recipe blog (Cooking Mama) - all the old posts are still up but I've decided to just post everything in the future in one forum, with all the things I'm doing, I'd like to keep everything in one neat container :)


  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP