Thumbs Up!

>> Saturday, June 28, 2008

Here is an easy to prepare meal my kids love: Roasted Herb Chicken and Mashed Potatoes. It was one of those days when thinking of what to prepare for lunch was so hard to do because all we had inside the freezer was “Chicken!” hahaha! Fried chicken? Nope, not again. Chicken curry? We just had that. Tinola (Chicken Soup with Ginger and Chili leaves) hmmm too hot to have soup….DH said why don’t you make your roast chicken we haven’t had that for awhile (ting! lightbulb moment!), great idea plus we have lots of potatoes because it was “Buy one Take one” at Shopwise (LOL) so I’m making mashed potatoes to go with it.

Roasted Herb Chicken

1 whole Chicken
½ cup olive oil
1 tbsp salt or to taste
2 tbsp Italian seasoning
1 tbsp thyme
1 tsp marjoram
2 tbsp rosemary
1 tsp cracked pepper

Mix the olive oil, Italian seasoning, thyme, marjoram, rosemary and black pepper. Rub the chicken (inside and out) with salt. Pour the olive oil mixture onto the chicken and rub the mixture all over including the cavity. Make sure you massage the oil and herbs well and it is distributed evenly all over. If you have sprigs of rosemary, place them inside the cavity.

Roast in oven at 300 degrees until crisp. If you have a turbo broiler this will even taste better!

Mashed Potatoes

8 medium potatoes
1 ½ tsp salt or to taste
½ tsp pepper
2 tbsp butter
¼ cup milk
Mash the potatoes, add the butter, salt and pepper, mix. Add the milk, mix.

Teo was so hungry and excited to eat the potatoes wanting to taste every time I mixed something new in. When it was all done, he told me, “Mom, before you put the other ingredients the taste was just okay (giving me the thumb sign but with the thumb facing horizontally), after you put in all the other ingredients the taste is yummy! (giving me the thumbs up sign)” I asked him to recite back to me the ingredients we put in. Next time, I’ll have him make the mashed potatoes himself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting my blog and leaving your comments, it always excites me to open my mailbox and receive comments from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Picture

Picture

About This Blog

All about me, my musings, ramblings, fancies, quirks and dreams; the blessings in my life - the kids and their growing years; and my love for digital scrapbooking/design and graphic arts; and my eternal quest to keep learning something new each day and give back in my little way.

This blog used to be 3 blogs which I decided to merge together, my scrapping blog (Pandoras Box of Thought), the blog about my kids (Beyond the Four Walls) and my cooking/recipe blog (Cooking Mama) - all the old posts are still up but I've decided to just post everything in the future in one forum, with all the things I'm doing, I'd like to keep everything in one neat container :)


  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP