USED VS. LOVED

>> Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The past week has been quite a slow week for me, scrap-wise, design-wise.  I've been trying to play catch-up with a lot of deliverables that I can't seem to finish on time because of so many other things cropping up and pushing their way up front.  I have two kits I'm making - sitting on my desktop waiting for me to give them the time of day.  A sketchpad full of doodles I need to scan and vectorize (that's something I still have got to get the hang of - especially creating the vector doodle kind - help! anyone?) and a wonderful and exciting collaborative project I'm doing with my sister that I can't elaborate on yet - just that it involves me illustrating.  None of the things I'm doing at the moment seem to be bringing in any hard cash (which I badly need) and so there lies my dilemma of whether to pursue this lofty idea of graphic design as a career or succumb to the call of the "cubicles" (that's what I call the "corporate" office) - not that thats bad, just that I wish I could sort of marry both and get the best of both worlds - working and doing what I love best (and of course getting paid very well for it too, LOL!)

Yesterday I turned in a job application - this time for a company that deals with Children's Portraits (they have outlets at the major malls) - this seems to be the right fit "career-wise" because it would be dealing with what I feel I excel at the most - hopefully my bio would stand-out from the rest (I scrapped it!), I'd love to show you but would hate to divulge any personal info over the net...

Lets just hope this is the right one for me.

Some time ago, I received an email containing this story that I would like to share.  It is very sad but speaks so much truth about how we sometimes forget that we put love of material things over our love for our fellow man.  It speaks of anger and regretting how we use it, especially to our children, our spouses or loved ones.  Let us not make haste to say and do things we will regret one day or make judgements before we accuse someone of wrong-doing. 
Used vs. Loved 

While a man was polishing his new car, his 4 yr. old son picked up a
stone and scratched lines on the side of the car.
In anger, the man took the child's hand and hit it many times; 
not realizing he was using a wrench.
At the hospital, the child lost all his fingers due to multiple fractures.
When the child saw his father.....with painful eyes he asked, 'Dad when
will my fingers grow back?'
The man was so hurt and speechless; he went back to his car and kicked
it a lot of times.
Devastated by his own actions...sitting in front of the car he looked at
the scratches; the child had written 'LOVE YOU DAD'.
The next day that man committed suicide.

Anger and Love have no limits; choose the Love to have a beautiful, 
lovely life.
Things are to be used and people are to be loved, 
but the problem in today's world is that, people are used and things are loved.
Let's be careful to keep this thought in mind: 
"Things are to be used, but People are to be loved".
Be yourself.... This is the only day we HAVE. Make it a great day!

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
The Will of God will never take you to where the Grace of God will not PROTECT you.
Stay FAITHFUL and Be GRATEFUL. 

Have a blessed day.

1 comments:

nine July 28, 2009 at 2:59 PM  

Indy, I'll never forget when my mom told me the story of the man who did that to his child. I always think of it when anything happens... Broken dish? Oh well! OOPS, broke my favorite lamp, oh well. Thank you for the reminder of what's important. I hope you can do something you enjoy and make money at.

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting my blog and leaving your comments, it always excites me to open my mailbox and receive comments from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Picture

Picture

About This Blog

All about me, my musings, ramblings, fancies, quirks and dreams; the blessings in my life - the kids and their growing years; and my love for digital scrapbooking/design and graphic arts; and my eternal quest to keep learning something new each day and give back in my little way.

This blog used to be 3 blogs which I decided to merge together, my scrapping blog (Pandoras Box of Thought), the blog about my kids (Beyond the Four Walls) and my cooking/recipe blog (Cooking Mama) - all the old posts are still up but I've decided to just post everything in the future in one forum, with all the things I'm doing, I'd like to keep everything in one neat container :)


  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP